No-bake soft and gooey vegan energy balls – perfect healthy energy snacks for little ones and grown-ups alike. Made with carob powder (kid-friendly) and sweet plums (prunes), topped with some coconut flavor these energy balls melt in the mouth.
Lovely desert in no time, I’m in! Our family has found pure love for these small vegan bliss bites – we even use them as a quick holiday (even b-day cake) treat. Our kids love them, we love them.
What’s so special for these vegan coco-plum bites? I find the combination of plums – coconut and carob powder to be exceptionally tasty, especially when topped with some extra nuts.
If you haven’t tried combining coconut plums/prunes and nuts, well you might be missing out.
Why we love these coconut plum bites:
- Easy to make (no bake time)
- Kids can participate in making them ( and thus enjoy eating even more)
- Plums/prunes are an excellent help when it comes to tummy troubles (read constipation) in kids and grow ups.
- If you do not want to use cacao (we try to limit cacao consumption in our little kids), carob powder is an excellent substitute (for both baked and raw desserts).
MORE EPIC DESSERTS
Raw Carob Powder Bites with Plums
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, raw
- 5-6 medjool dates, pitted
- 6-8 dried plums (prunes), pitted
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut shreds
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp carob powder for decoration, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes for decoration, optional
- Place all your ingredients (except the ones for the decor) in a food processor / blender and pulse until sticky 'dough' forms.
- Take the mixture out of the container and start forming small balls with your hands.
- Then gently roll the balls in carob powder and coconut flakes. Or alternatively use strainer to distribute the carob powder. Then enjoy with family and kids.
Did you make this recipe?
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see full policy here.