Delicious scrambled eggs recipe enriched by feta cheese, red peppers, tomatoes and parsley. The ultimate rich dinner meal that is ready in about 30 minutes. It’s also vegetarian and extra delicious.
These rustic scrambled eggs are one of the meals that my husband can eat every week. In Bulgarian, they are called ‘Mish-Mash’, meaning you just combine everything and stir & voila meal is done. They are so easy to prepare, take no more than 30 minutes from start to finish. Perfect as a light dinner on a busy day. My recipe traditionally uses roasted red peppers & canned tomatoes, but you can use fresh as well.
RUSTIC SCRMBLED EGGS – INGREDIENTS
I try to prepare my meals with clean ingredients that are bought on the farmers market (or labeled organic). It makes all the difference in taste in my opinion.
- Eggs, medium to large – preferably organic
- Olive oil – preferably extra virgin
- Red onion, cut in halves – or white onions as they have a more mild slightly sweet taste.
- Roasted red peppers (or fresh), diced
- Can tomatoes – or use fresh
- Parsley, minced
- Crumbled feta cheese – or simply any type of white cheese.
HOW TO MAKE RUSTIC SCRAMBLED EGGS
Mince onions, red peppers and parsley. In a large pan add olive oil and let onions sauté on medium heat until golden-brown. Stir frequently to prevent from burning. Also add a lid on top of the pan to preserve the juices. Then add peppers and canned tomatoes and let sauté for another 2-4 minutes.
Then add parsley, crumbled feta and beaten eggs. Stir and let cook completely for another approx. 5 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent from sticking to pan. Serve warm.
WATCH VIDEO ON YOUTUBE
MAKE MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
- Chicken Meatball Soup with Kale and Rice Noodles (Instant pot friendly)
- Egg Noodles (Spätzle) with cheesy shiitake mushrooms and broccoli sauce
- Cellentani pasta with ground turkey and tomato sauce
- Mini Apple Strudel (Apfelstrudel)
- Beef Liver Steak Recipe (for Iron Deficiency)
Rustic Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 4 Eggs, Medium to large
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut in halves
- 5 roasted red peppers (or fresh), diced
- 1 Can tomatoes (70 g)
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese 1
- Peel onion and cut in semi moons (halves). Place into a large cooking pan on the stove top and saute until brownish (medium to low heat). Use a lid and stir frequently.
- Then chop roasted red bell peppers ( or use fresh) and add to the onion. Let saute for 4-5 min under a lid.
- Next add tomatoes, minced parsley and crumbled feta cheese. Saute again for another 2-4 minutes. Stir as needed.
- IN a small mixing bowl combine the eggs and beat well. Then add to the pan and stir until eggs are cooked (2-5 min). Serve warm.