Easy homemade round flatbread with Greek Yogurt/Skyr Yogurt (Pain Plat au yaourt, recette express) . This delicious pan grilled mini bread is super quick, easy and so so good! It can be made with Skyr Yogurt too.
All nations in the world have their version of flatbread, they are distinguished by ingredients or cooking method. All I’ve tried are tasty, though. Today we are making a super easy pan grilled flatbread recipe for a quick and delicious breakfast/dinner. This lovely round flatbread is ready in under 30 minutes. It can be paired with almost anything. Cut in half it can be stuffed with meat, veggies or Potato salad with mayo.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Flour – I prefer using Italian type 00, but all-purpose flour works too
- Greek Yogurt , pain – for this flatbread you would need plain Greek Yogurt. If you wish you can also make this bread with Skyr Yogurt. However, as Skyr is much thicker than regular Greek Yogurt, you would need to dilute it in some water. Mix 125 ml water with 160g Skyr. Stir to combine well, then replace the Greek Yogurt with it.
- Baking soda – to make things bubbly
- Pinch of salt – just for taste
- Butter, optional for brushing
- Parsley, finely minced , optional for brushing
- Cloves of garlic, finely minced, optional for brushing
How to make flatbread
Preparing this round flat bread is super easy and quick. Lets get started.
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Knead a soft, non stick dough. Next, divide the dough in 6-8 even parts.
Roll out each dough piece into a thin circle (approx. 1 cm or 1/2 inch.). Preheat your grilling pan, then place one flat bread dough onto the pan. Flip when the dough starts to bubble. Keep for a minute or two, then remove from pan. Repeat for remaining dough.
Stack flatbreads one over the other to keep their softness.
Preparing flatbread is easy and quick, deciding what to pair it with might be more difficult (at least for me). Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
Healthy and easy flatbread toppings: Arugula, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese balls; Blue cheese and prunes, Grilled peaches with honey; Melted butter, garlic and parsley topping;
Flatbread Pizza for Dinner : top each flatbread with tomato pasta, shredded mozzarella cheese and some fresh basil leaves. Pop in the oven/air fryer for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
What to serve with flatbread: Flatbread is delicious plain in addition to main meals (like this easy Braised Beef Recipe), salads (like paired with Persian Shirazi Salad or stuffed with Loaded Potato salad with Mayo)
MORE DELICOUS RECIPES
- Easy Blueberry Lemon Waffles Recipe
- German applesauce cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookies (Apfelmus-Kekse)
- One pot chicken in parsley sauce (30 minutes)
- Easy Cheese Bread (Georgian Khachapuri) -VIDEO
- Mediterranean Chickpea salad with arugula, tomatoes and lime
Round Yogurt Flat Bread (Pan Grilled)
- 460 g flour, type 00 (or all purpose)
- 200 g Greek Yogurt , plain
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 50 g butter, optional for brushing
- 3 tbsp. parsley, finely minced , optional for brushing
- 1 cloves of garlic, finely minced, optional for brushing
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and knead a soft, non-stick dough (with hands, kitchen robot). Divide the dough in 10 equal parts. Roll out each piece of dough on floured surface – it should be thin and round.
- In the meantime, preheat grill pan on the stove. When pan is hot place one piece of dough on it. When flat bread starts to bubble (see pics) it's ready to be flipped over (usually 1-2 min on my stove). Remove from pan and repeat for remaining dough.
- Stack flat breads one over another. Serve plain or brushed with melted butter, mixed with finely chopped parsley, garlic, salt and pepper if desired.
This recipe may contain affiliate links, please see full disclosure here.