Easy stuffed apples recipe that is the ideal healthy dessert, or accompaniment a to protein meal. These hearty apples are stuffed with brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. These baked apples are gluten free, vegan, kid-friendly and extra delicious. No butter too.
Have you tried stuffed baked apples, before. If not, I’m sure you are missing out. These baked apples are ready for about 30 minutes (preparation plus baking), they are also healthy (plus gluten-free and vegan) and so, so delicious. Not to mention, they contain no butter or milk. My husband even proclaimed them to be the tastiest dessert ever.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED STUFFED APPLES IN THE OVEN
- Choose your apples – almost all types of apples can be baked in the oven, but if you have some preferences towards a certain type, be sure to use them. Some of the recommended types of apples, best for baking are: Jonagold, Honeycrisp or Pink Lady.
- Scoop the apples – remove their heart and seeds by using a scooper or a sharp knife and a small spoon. Do not forget to wash them first.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins and walnuts and mix. You can interchange walnuts with whatever nuts you have on hand (hazelnuts or almonds do well) or simply leave them out.
- Add stuffing to scooped apples and bake in preheated oven until apples are cooked (when apple skin starts to crack and they seem brownish). Cover with parchment paper to prevent raisins and nuts from burning during the baking.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED APPLES IN AIR FRYER
Preparing apples in the air fryer is actually pretty similar to baking in the oven (with ventilation on).
To make apples in air fryer, scoop and add stuffing as described above. Then place stuffed apples into air fryer basket and bake on 350F/180C for 15-20 minutes. It’s recommend to check the apples every 5-7 minutes to ensure they do not get burned out.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED APPLES FOR BABY
If you are (ever) into making first foods for your baby at home, a baked apple is a perfect solid food for the . It is naturally sweet and tasty plus very easy to make.
And here’s how to make it:
- Wash an apple (or more) of your choice under cold water ( always better if organic or from a clean geographic region)
- Place the apple (with skin on) in baking foil and cover completely, with all 4 ends meeting at the top (otherwise apple juice will escape).
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven (350F/180C) until apple(s) become soft.
- Remove apple skin and inside, puree and enjoy with your little one.
MORE EUROPEAN RECIPES:
- Stuffed Eggplant with Pasta and Parmesan Cheese
- Candied Honey Carrots (in Air Fryer)
- Breakfast Ricotta Cheese Biscuits
- Roasted Zucchini Couscous Salad with Feta
- Simple Shirazi Salad Recipe (Persian Salad-e Shirazi)
Healthy Stuffed Apples Recipe (Oven Baked)
- 6-8 medium apples, of choice
- ½ cup golden raisins, small
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, or nuts of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, optional
- Wash apples under cold water. Leave skin on. Then scoop apple heart and seeds out.
- With sharp knife make a small circle around the center.Then, using a spoon gently scoop out the inside of the apple, leaving no seeds.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and sugar and stir well.
- Using a spoon, load the apples with the mix and arrange on baking tray (or use ceramic baking dish). It's recommended to leave room for the apple juice that gets around the apples during baking.
- Bake in preheated oven (350F/180C) for about 15-20 min, or until apples are soft. Check gently with fork.
- Serve warm, topped with the juice that formed throughout the baking process (mm, yum!).Or add some vanilla ice cream. (optional)
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.