Homemade savory Feta Cheese Olive Breakfast muffins recipe that is very easy to make and absolutely delicious. These savory breakfast muffins are vegetarian and kid-friendly too.
Soft, easy to make at home breakfast muffins (savory no less), that require a handful of ingredients. If you are a fan of Feta Cheese (or white cheese for that matter), olives and seeds, these delicious Greek-style muffins might be your next favorite breakfast. They are vegetarian and kid-friendly too. Our kids have them for breakfast or brunch (embarrassingly often).
FETA CHEESE OLIVE MUFFINS – Ingredients
Every muffin recipe advises us to divide the ingredients into two groups – wet and dry.
- Flour – this feta cheese muffin recipe call for regular all purpose flour or whole wheat flour. Both work equally good here.
- Flax seeds – flax seeds are a lovely addition to these savory muffins. You can use all types of seed here (in same proportion) if desired.
- Dill, dried – I use dried, finely chopped dill, but you can also add fresh.
- Baking powder – the rising agent here is baking powder. If self-rising flour is used you can skip adding baking powder, or add just a pinch.
- Milk – I like to use whole milk for these muffins, but any percentage milk will do. Just remember, the fattier the milk, the thicker the milk will be.
- Egg – only one large egg is needed here.
- Vegetable oil – I’ve used olive oil or sunflower seed oil. both work just fine.
- Feta Cheese, crumbled – crumbled feta cheese is a lovely addition to any savory muffin recipe.
- Green olives – green olives should be pitted and chopped into rough pieces.
HOW TO MAKE FETA CHEESE BREAKFAST MUFFINS – tips
- Mix wet ingredient and dry ingredients separately. If you want muffins to rise to their maximum
- Leave one muffin pan cup empty during baking– that way when you try to take out the hot oven, you can grab the muffin pan much easier.
- Control the size of your muffins by adding less or more batter into each separate cup. If you want smaller muffins, place batter just below muffin pan level. If you want them to be bigger, place heaping batter amount into muffin pan cups.
- Substitute: the following substitutions are possible: Feta Cheese -> White Cheese or Cheddar cheese; Flax seeds -> Chia Seeds, Sunflower seeds or Pumpkin seeds;
MORE EUROPEAN RECIPES:
- Stuffed Eggplant with Pasta and Parmesan Cheese
- Candied Honey Carrots (in Air Fryer)
- Breakfast Ricotta Cheese Biscuits
- Roasted Zucchini Couscous Salad with Feta
- Simple Shirazi Salad Recipe (Persian Salad-e Shirazi)
Feta Cheese Olive Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups flour, whole wheat
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp dill , (finely chopped or dried)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg, large
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted and cut into circles
- In a large mixing bowl add all wet ingredients (milk, egg and vegetable oil, crumbled feta cheese and green olives) and whisk until well combined.
- In another mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, flax seeds, dried dill and baking powder). Mix until well combined.
- Once wet and dry ingredients are well mixed separately, make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Then add 'wet' ingredients and gently mix with a spoon until just combined.
>>>Vegetarian breakfast muffins, perfect for kids.See above for tips and ideas.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.