Cheese Bread Bites shaped as cheese pizzas. These simple bread triangles are ready in just 30 minutes. They are made from a simple homemade cheese dough with pantry ingredients (like flour, cheese and butter). Baked in the oven, they are ideal for breakfast or brunch.
Delicious homemade cheese bread bites, that are perfect for kids. Actually, I have been debating how to actually call them. They are perfect as appetizer (friends love them with beer), homemade party food (like cheese trays), breakfast or brunch. Also, I love involving my kids in the making process ( see video below). My 2 year old loves playing with the ‘leftover balls’. If you like cheesy bread recipes, definitely check our my Greek-style Grissini (Cheese Breadsticks) Recipe.
CHEESE BREAD BITES – Ingredients
- Flour – type 00 (Italian fine flour) or all purpose flour
- Butter – melted
- Yellow cheese (like cheddar) – that is good for cooking
- Egg – one, medium size
- Spices – like rosemary, cumin, thyme (Italian spices)
- Greek Yogurt – plain Greek Yogurt
How to MAKE cheese bites at home:
In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Knead a soft dough. On a floured surface divide the dough into two parts.
Then, roll out each ball into circle shape. Cut with pizza cutter into 8 triangle pieces. With piping nozzle make holes in each piece. Bake in preheated oven until golden.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
- Homemade sausage patties (basic recipe)
- Oven Roasted Eggplant Wedges (with olives and tomatoes)
- Easy Braised Beef Recipe (VIDEO)
- Baked Lemon Mustard Steelhead Trout (VIDEO)
- Simple Brown Rice with leeks, tomatoes and olives
Cheese Bread Bites
- 200 g flour, type 00 (or all purpose)
- 1 egg, medium
- 50 g butter, melted
- 200 g yellow cheese, like Cheddar, shredded
- 120 g Greek Yogurt, 5 tbsp. heaping
- 2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and knead (by hand/with kitchen robot). The dough should be soft. Divide the dough in two parts.
- Next, roll out each part into a circle shape. With pizza cutter make 8 triangle-shaped pieces (for each dough part, altogether 16).
- With a small object of choice ( I used my piping nozzles) make small holes within each piece. Transfer to baking dish and bake in the oven until golden (180C/360F, with fan).
- Enjoy while warm.