Super easy cannellini beans salad with arugula, shallots, cherry tomatoes and olive oil is a family staple. It requires only 10 minutes to prepare. Nevertheless, it wows every time.
If you are looking for a super quick and dellicious cannelini beans salad, this is your recipe. Arugula and beans drizzled with olive oil ( and a few other ingredients), well it’s a restaurant worthy meal. This gorgeous salad can be prepared in about 10 minutes (if you have beans cooked in advance / or canned). Personally, I prefer to use canned cannelini beans (organic, brand Rapunzel) because its quicker and more efficient at this point it life.
Cannelini Beans Arugula Salad -Ingredients
- Fresh arugula – washed and cleaned
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in four
- Shallots, cut in small lines
- Olive oil – preferably extra virgin
- Salt to taste
- Cannellini beans – prepared at home or canned
- Handful or small capers, optional
Cannellini beans – SUBSTITUTES
Cannelini beans are white (kidney) beans traditionally connected to Italy and Italian Cuisine. They have creamy, soft texture and go well in variety of recipes (like popular Italian Minestrone soup). If you are short on Cannelini Beans, you can substitute them with great nothern beans, red kidney beans and even butter beans (although they are larger in size, they have similar taste and texture). Another good substitue would be chickpeas or baby lima beans.
What to pair with?
Whole roasted duck in the oven recipe – perfect slowly cooked roasted duck (the way German and Hungarians like to cook it. The meat is so tender and aromatic with minimum effort.
Easy Braised Beef recipe – basic recipe for braised beef (the old fashioned way) on the stove top.
30 Minute sausage patties recipe – for the perfect quick, easy (aif fryer friendly) meal.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
- Easy Blueberry Lemon Waffles Recipe
- German applesauce cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookies (Apfelmus-Kekse)
- One pot chicken in parsley sauce (30 minutes)
- Easy Cheese Bread (Georgian Khachapuri) -VIDEO
- Mediterranean Chickpea salad with arugula, tomatoes and lime
Cannellini Beans Arugula Salad with cherry tomatoes
- 100 g fresh arugula, washed
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in four
- 2 shallots, cut in small lines
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz)
- handful or small capers, optional
- Clean and wash arugula under cold water. Place in salad tray.
- Then add chopped shallots (cut lengthwise or in cubes), cherry tomatoes cut in half/four, salt and olive oil.
- Drain cannellini beans and add to the salad. Mix well
This recipe may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.