Candied honey carrots, prepared in the air fryer. Sweet, delicious and so easy to prepare, these air fryer honey carrots are perfect as a side meal, entrée or a snack. These honey carrots do not contain any sugar, thus they are perfectly healthy and good for kids too.
Quick and easy candied carrots with honey, olive oil and soy sauce that are prepared in an air fryer. This recipe is healthy, requires a handful of ingredients and is ready in just about 30 minutes time. I’ve never been a fan of cooked carrots (a food bloggers confession), I only enjoyed them in soups, desserts and anywhere where their taste cannot be really felt in it’s entirety. Until I made these sweet honey carrots in the air fryer. They are lovely as a side meal that’s different from the usual potato dishes.
Candied honey carrots recipe – Ingredients
- Carrots, fresh – use fresh, not too thick carrots (as big carrots sometimes have
- Raw honey – preferably organic raw honey gives the sweetness to these air fryer candied carrots.
- Soy sauce – I use organic, simple soy sauce.
- Olive oil, extra virgin – creates smoothness and helps in the air roasting process.
How to make candied carrots in the air fryer – TIPS
- Wash carrots and peel the skin off. Skip peeling if organic produce is used.
- Cut slightly lengthwise to make them look funkier (2-3 inch chunks). Do not cut them too thick as they take longer to cook. Or use baby carrots instead.
- Choose carrots that are of medium size as they are usually sweeter and lack that tangy carrot taste at the bottom.
- Preferably, use organic carrots as they carry a natural sweetness, many store-bought carrots do not (at least at the stores here in Europe).
- Control the crispiness of carrots by checking regularly throughout the cooking. Some like the candied carrots softer, others more crunchier.
- Pour the carrot marinate in the air fryer basked as well. Then, after cooked pour the sweet liquid on top of carrots. That way they are even more sweeter and delicious.
- If you want to preserve the maximum moisture while air frying (especially when cooking larger carrots), blanch the carrot chunks in hot water for approx. 5 minutes. Then coat as usual and air fry.
- Chicken Meatball Soup with Kale and Rice Noodles (Instant pot friendly)
- Egg Noodles (Spätzle) with cheesy shiitake mushrooms and broccoli sauce
- Cellentani pasta with ground turkey and tomato sauce
- Mini Apple Strudel (Apfelstrudel)
- Beef Liver Steak Recipe (for Iron Deficiency)
Candied Air Fryer Honey Carrots
- 10-12 medium sized carrots , peeled
- 1 tbsp raw honey, heaping
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- pinch of salt, if needed
- Wash carrots under cold water. Peel skin off (if not organic, otherwise leave with skin on). Then cut lengthwise to create prolonged circles. If desired blanch carrot chunks in boiling water for approx. 5 minutes. Then drain and let to cool for another 5 minutes.
- Place carrots into a bowl and add honey, soy sauce, olive oil (and salt if desired). Mix well until combined and all carrots are well coated.
- Transfer into air fryer basket and cook on 400F/200C for about 20-30 minutes. Check regularly to see if carrots are cooked as cooking time may vary depending on air fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.