Fresh homemade linden flower & leaves tea with apple chips, topped with gentle cinnamon infusion. Easy, from scratch everyday tea (with anti-inflammatory properties) to kick-start your day.
When I was growing up, my grandma used to make homemade team with ingredients she collected and dried out in summer. Store-bought tea bags were very rare to find and everyone made their own. In the ‘hunger years’ as she called them, during World War II, she used to pour linden tea onto some bread, add a little feta cheese and sugar and eat that for breakfast. She also used to say, drink your tea – it’s healthy for you.
This recipe has been handed down for generations in our family. It’s gentle & soft, slightly sharp (due to rosehip fruit used) flavor that is healthy and delicious at the same time. We love making fresh homemade tea on weekends. It’s lovely and warm, even the kids like it. Most of the ingredients we find in food stores or at the local herbalist (or Amazon). Some you can even make yourself ( like homemade apple chips).
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CINNAMON LINDEN TEA AT HOME (tips)
- Blend linden leaves and linden flower to create a smoother, softer touch.
- Use clean herbs from well known source that guarantees their high quality.
- Dry out apple chips at home if possible – gives you a chance to choose from apple variety and flavor.
- Use cinnamon powder instead of cinnamon sticks if needed
- Let tea brew for at least 10 minutes before consumption.
If you wish to make this tea at home, but cannot find some of the ingredients where you live, fear not, substitutions are always possible. For example, you can use all of the below to make you customized homemade tea, simply follow the preparation instructions and you will end up with lovely fresh homemade tea for the family:
- Lemon chips, instead of apple chips
- Orange chips, instead of apple chips
- Cinnamon, powdered
- Anise flowers, dried
MORE EUROPEAN RECIPES:
Fresh Homemade Apple Cinnamon Linden Tea Recipe
1 cup = 200 ml
- 1 cup linden flower & leafs
- 1/2 cup apple chips
- 1/3 cup dried rosehip fruit
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 500 ml water, boiling
- Let it brew for 15 minutes until all ingredients release their maximum flavor. Then filter (if needed) tea through disposable tea filter bag and pour into tea cups. Enjoy in good company.
This post may contain affiliate links. See full disclosure here.